Yesterday was a sort of ridiculous example of how something small can lead to something pretty big.
1. My laptop cord has been fraying for awhile, I taped it up and I’ve been extra careful with it, but yesterday was it. It gave a little short, fucked up my laptop a bit and died forever.
2. There is a Best Buy across from work so I went over to get a new cord. They no longer carry my cord, because it’s Apple, so a three year old cord is a fucking relic. After 3 more trips between Best Buy and my office, I ended up buying a cheap tablet that will get me through the rest of University. (My antique Macbook wasn’t going to live that long).
3. I was getting used to the new machine when Brian mentions that I need to move all of my files off of my now old Apple and onto a USB drive because we need to clean the computer to resell.
4. The last moment’s with an old laptop is a ridiculous thing to be sentimental about. Moving school files, work files, a resume or two, some comics, and pictures. Wait, pictures.
**This is where a frayed cord that has been slowly dying for months does something no highly paid therapists have been able to do.
5. I went through every photo, I didn’t copy any from when I was sick. They are gone. They are all gone. I remember when I was losing weight I quickly deleted “fat pictures”, that was a lot easier than deleting “sick pictures”.
As hard as it was I didn’t cry, at least not yet. There will be a time when I need to punish myself for something and those pictures will be gone and that might make me cry. Now that they are gone I’m not sure why it took so long to do. It’s as simple as the click of a button, delete. I guess it helped that last night I wasn’t deleting sick photos, so much as choosing to keep healthy ones. I saw all the good times I’ve had since and was able to save all of those memories.